Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Straps_trap

On the train to home the other day, I got a call from my acup-good friend who had lately visited my blog and read my article on straps. She commented on the straps she saw on the pictures, calling for a cool-minded-ness that I should better take and said, “Why would they be helpful or beneficial? The straps wouldn’t get you anything, only to tighten the muscles and slow down the flow of blood and energy around that acup-point. Those who designed these straps actually knew nothing about acupuncture and it is just a scam for money.”

I trust my friend and I trust my insight after her opinions. When holding those acu-straps, my attention was put onto the plastic pins only and forgot the straps themselves which are for stabilizing the “effect”. In yoga, as in any other relaxation exercise, what we look for is mainly the relaxation of the muscles, which in the end brings forth the total relaxation of the mind and body. As such, if anything tightens our bodies, relaxation would never be achieved.

I don’t have any knowledge on Chinese acupuncture yet. Being innocent may not be dangerous, but when someone is smart enough, when he or she is willing to keep learning and pursuit for a better life, he or she will definitely save a lot more time (and money) to make a better shopper.

No comments:

中西夾攻對抗自然eye shadow

大約四個月前開始,眼睛上方眼蓋的位置,久不久就會泛起一片橙紅。最初以為是活在爛公司氣鬱動肝火所致,誰知離開鬼地方後,eye shadow,「自然眼蓋膏」仍然揮之不去。淡紅有時,腫脹有時,起白屑剝落有時,而無時無刻都痕癢難當。 後來,返了國內探望做中醫師的表兄長,他一看我情況,就說...